Blountville
34° F
Overcast
Overcast
Greeneville
34° F
Overcast
Overcast
Abingdon
35° F
Light Snow
Light Snow
Advertisement

3 sick after unknowingly eating weed at county fair

Published On: Aug 07 2014 03:38:26 PM CDT
Updated On: Aug 08 2014 09:25:57 AM CDT
marijuana plants

SXC

Denver, CO (KDVR) -

A trip to the Denver County Fair ended up with several people saying they were given a chocolate bar that had marijuana in it.

Two people went to the hospital after ingesting the weed.

They all say they became extremely sick after sampling "Full Melt" candy bars, handed out by the LivWell vendor at the fair's pot pavilion during the weekend.

The fair had a strict "no pot" policy.

And all three say the vendor specifically told them there was no marijuana in the candy.

"They told us there was nothing in them. They were free samples anyone could have grabbed. I asked the vendor twice and they told me no there's nothing in them," says Kari Mitchell.

It was a big scare for all three of them. They did not enjoy the effects they felt and doctors say it can be dangerous when you eat something and you don't realize it has marijuana in it.

Two men went to the hospital and tested positive for THC. Everyone is OK now.

The company, the fair and Denver police are all looking into how this happened.

The company says it intends to pay the medical bills for the people who were affected.