Customize your home's exterior with a fence
Updated On: Feb 07 2013 11:56:44 AM CST
(NewsUSA) - In a country that abounds with suburban developments of similar-looking homes, adding a personal touch to your property might be high on your list of priorities.
In the past, the options for customizing the exterior features of a house may have been few and far between. But today, everything from siding to roofing is available in a wide range of styles, colors and designs.
If you're looking to customize your castle with ease, concentrate your efforts on a few of the following areas:
* Trim. Exterior trim can give your home a graceful, almost Victorian appearance.
* Siding. If you want to give your home a fast and major makeover, consider replacing its siding.
Available in a vast array of colors and textures, siding can make your home stand out and increase its value. Vinyl and fiber cement are two materials that are easy to maintain and will last over time.
* Decking. Outdoor living is a hot trend this year and adding a deck is one of the most dramatic ways to customize your home. Since many decks are made with easy-to-clean materials such as weather-resistant composite decking, they're easy to maintain as well.
* Railing. To match a new deck or patio, consider adding a railing. This product is a new industry favorite. Its core is made of a durable composite material that is capped with colonial-white or desert-tan PVC for a lasting, freshly painted look.
Composite and steel balusters allow you to further customize the look of the railing and decking.
* Roofing. A set of new shingles can add a touch of personality to your home or improve its curb appeal if you're planning on selling it. Since the roof covers the most area of a home's exterior, it makes a big difference in first impressions.
* Fencing. The wood look is often a favorite for fencing. Homeowners can achieve the wood look with all the long-lasting, fade-resistant benefits of a vinyl fence.