Late night fire claims home
Updated On: Mar 26 2013 05:07:13 PM CDT
An investigation is now underway after a fire damaged a home in the Hampton, Tennessee community.
The fire started around 11:30 Monday night on Ritter Town Road. When firefighters arrived, they say heavy smoke was coming from the house and crews say they found a couch on fire in the living room.
They also found a wall heater behind the couch.
Fire officials believe the blaze was caused by an electrical problem. They say seven people were living in the home, but no one was inside when the fire started.
The Carter County Sheriff's Department is investigating.
Copyright 2013 by WCYB All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.