Blountville
47° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Greeneville
47° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Abingdon
47° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Electrical short causes house fire

By Karissa Manis, Producer, kmanis@wcyb.com
Published On: Mar 31 2013 09:09:16 PM CDT
KINGSPORT, Tenn. -

Fire crews were on  scene of at a fire  in Kingsport Sunday afternoon.
We've learned the fire broke out around 2 o'clock on Fairview Avenue.
It started on the second level. The 3 people who live there were home at the time, but everyone got out okay.

We spoke with  Captain Robert Brown with the Kingsport Fire Department who says, "a small electrical short caused a fire upstairs. We got on scene really quickly and were able to find it. We did have to cut a hole in the roof, put it out. Put some extension, but all in all we kept the damage on the upper floor."

We're told the first level is still livable, so the family does have a place to stay.