Amtrack suspends services due to weather
Amtrak will suspend some services south of Washington, D.C., due to the latest winter storm forecast for the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
Other Amtrak services in these regions, including the Northeast Corridor, are scheduled to operate. The suspension of some service in Carolinas, Georgia and Florida is designed to reduce the exposure of Amtrak passengers, crews and rail equipment to extreme weather conditions, in coordination with CSX Transportation.
The following services will be suspended for origination on Wednesday, Feb. 12:
• Southbound Silver Star and Silver Meteor, Trains 91 and 98
• Northbound and Southbound Palmetto, Trains 89 and 90
• Northbound and Southbound Auto Train, Trains 52 and 53
• Northbound and Southbound Carolinian, Trains 79 and 80
• Eastbound and Westbound Piedmont, Trains 75 and 76
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.