Blood drives scheduled
Updated On: Apr 30 2013 04:37:00 PM CDT
Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, May 6, 9-11:30 a.m., TRW Automotive, Rogersville
• Monday, May 6, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Haysi High School, Haysi, Va.
• Monday, May 6, 1-4 p.m., Tennessee Valley Authority, Rogersville
• Monday, May 6, 3-7 p.m., Walmart, Elizabethton
• Tuesday, May 7, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Happy Valley High School, Elizabethton
• Tuesday, May 7, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Volunteer High School, Church Hill
• Wednesday, May 8, 9 a.m.-noon, Pfizer, Bristol
• Wednesday, May 8, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., National Guard Armory, Erwin
• Wednesday, May 8, noon-3 p.m., PennStuart, Bristol
• Wednesday, May 8, 1-4 p.m., Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol
• Wednesday, May 8, 3-7 p.m., Cherokee United Methodist Church, Johnson City
• Wednesday, May 8, 4-7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Bristol
• Thursday, May 9, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Scott County Courthouse, Gate City, Va.
• Thursday, May 9, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Beside Holston Valley Outpatient Center, Kingsport
• Thursday, May 9, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Big Stone Gap, Va.
• Thursday, May 9, 3-8 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
• Friday, May 10, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Sullivan Central High School, Blountville
• Friday, May 10, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
• Friday, May 10, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Lowe’s, Johnson City
• Saturday, May 11, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Appalachian Fairgrounds, Gray
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood – and an individual’s blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at any of Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport; 1996 W. State St., Bristol; and 1 Professional Park Blvd., Suite 14, Johnson City.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.