Fire destroys 100-year-old home
We have new facts about a fire that destroyed a home in Damascus, Virginia.
That fire happened on Fisher Hollow road around 7:30 Friday morning. The Damascus fire chief says the woman who lives in the house told him she had a candle burning in the kitchen and it caught a towel on fire. He says she tried to put out the fire but was overcome by smoke. Damascus Fire Captain Shawn Price says there no injuries. He also tells us flames were coming from the roof and windows of the 100-year-old house when they arrived on scene.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.