Fire Marshal: explosion caused by making fireworks
Updated On: Jul 01 2013 04:42:51 PM CDT
A fire marshal says the victim of an explosion in Dinwiddie County was making fireworks.
Deputy county fire marshal Nick Sheffield tells media outlets that the man was making fireworks in a trailer when the explosion occurred Sunday morning.
The man was taken to VCU Medical Center, where he died later Sunday. His name hasn't been released.
No other injuries were reported.
Dinwiddie County Fire and EMS chief Dennis Hale says there was a large quantity of fireworks-making material in the trailer.
It's illegal in Dinwiddie County to manufacture, possess or sell fireworks.
Copyright © 2014 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.