Blountville
67° F
Clear
Clear
Greeneville
67° F
Clear
Clear
Abingdon
63° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Red Cross assisting after fire displaces residents

Published On: Oct 03 2013 05:38:50 AM CDT
Updated On: Oct 03 2013 04:25:17 PM CDT
Generic Police Lights
ABINGDON, Va. -

Two people are without a home after a fire in an old hotel which is now being used as apartments.

It happened just before 1:30 Thursday morning at the Old Holiday Lodge on Lee Highway in Abingdon, Virginia.

The Abingdon Fire Department says the fire sparked by an electrical problem in the laundry room on the first floor and extended to the second floor.

The fire department says everyone got out safely and the Red Cross is working to relocate those displaced.