Deadly fire blamed on cooking accident
Updated On: Aug 02 2013 11:18:25 AM CDT
Investigators blame a cooking incident for starting a fire at the Englewood Boulevard home.
The body of the homeowner, 64-year-old Robert Griffith, was found in the kitchen area of the house.
Fire crews got the call just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
We're told the fire then spread through other parts of the house.
The state fire marshal along with crews from Johnson City police and fire departments are still looking into the fire.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.